Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sawyer Open House

After a canceled open house last year (courtesy of some wicked pregnancy nausea and being unable to smell food cooking, hahahaha) we were determined to have one this Christmas. I definitely didn't get invitations mailed out; between school and family, it was still a very last minute shindig. Ugh. I have to do better next year...

But, thanks to Facebook, we had a nice crowd. I had oodles of food, of course, but it was quite difficult trying to get it all done with Velcro Baby vying for my attention. The last week or so, Caleb has been all about Mommy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that he wants to snuggle. I know that it won't be too long before he doesn't want to cuddle up to Mommy, so I am trying to enjoy every second now. But good gracious, I need a little space to bake! Despite the fussy factor, Caleb allowed me time to get plenty cooked. (Granted, most of it was made after he went to bed, but still...)

It was a fun night and we always enjoy having people over to share in a little fellowship and enjoy our Christmas decorations.

Caleb enjoys sliming up his first Christmas cookie

Mommy had to swing him to sleep so she could finish baking during nap time!
Happy Hosts

Some of the spread

Me and my little monkey by our tree

My boys

Maggie Mae, standing guard by the door

No comments:

Post a Comment