J and Jo came into town for the weekend and we spent the weekend with them and the rest of their bridal party. Dad watched Caleb while I went wedding dress shopping with Jo and the girls. We started with breakfast at Panera, then headed to the bridal shop. She looked so beautiful, and she chose an absolutely perfect dress for her big day. She rang the bell! We had a great time watching her try on her options. Of course, I had to be my normal self and act a fool. She tried on a dress so ridiculously poufy…I told her she looked like the Ghost of Christmas Present and could hide children under it…and to prove my point, I crawled under it. =) Nothing like a dumb Peggy moment to get everyone laughing.
After she chose the dress, Daleena and I headed home to clean up. Within a couple hours, Jo’s Matron of Honor and another bridesmaid came over to help decorate. Kim, her MOH, cooked the most delicious meal of pasta! I had made a rosette zebra cake and had painted birdhouses and decorated Mason Jars to be candles. The rest of the wedding party came over and finally, the bride- and groom-to-be. It was a real team effort and it was nice to meet everyone with whom we’ll be spending the wedding weekend.
![]() |
| Super fun owls, filled with "tweets" |
![]() |
| A couple of the Mason jar candles I made |
![]() |
| Um...yes...it was delicious! |
Along the way, Caleb got to spend a good chunk of the afternoon with his dear Auntie Daleena. She will never turn down a date with her little Jellybean! And once the bridal party came over and we started eating, Caleb enjoyed a little time with the entire group. He smiled it up for Auntie Jo and Uncle J, who snapped this darling picture. Oh, those eyes just make me melt!
Caleb also enjoyed a momentous occasion this evening; he ate his first spaghetti! I did not give him a plate of it, by any means. I didn’t feel like scrubbing the floor. =) But I fed him little pieces of noodles, and he loved them! He had a nice ring of marinara around his mouth, I wish I’d gotten a picture. But he was so stinkin’ cute! I’m glad he likes pasta like his mommy and daddy.
Bean also had to share his nursery with a sweet little birdie, Bridget. When Miss Bridget got hungry, she and her mommy went and used Caleb’s rocker. And when she needed an outfit change, they used his changing room. I don’t think he minded sharing at all! It’s the first time he’s had a playdate over, hahaha. He did enjoy watching her, though; she’s only about 4 months old, but he would just stare at her. It was so sweet!





wooohoooo! Fun! Loved every minute of it!!!!!
ReplyDelete