Monday, August 16, 2010

Are you POSITIVE?

Well...it looks like I'm pregnant. We've been trying, but haven't been successful yet. B and I were talking last night, after I spent a wonderful day with some girlfriends and a newborn, and he looked at me and said, "I just want you to be pregnant. I can't wait." It was the first time he'd seemed excited about the prospect. It made my heart smile.

So this morning, I had to head up to school to stuff envelopes. B had made a comment last night about trying a pregnancy test this week, just in case--I thought we were again unsuccessful this month--but I shut the door and tried one. Two lines. Surely, this is a false positive. So I tried again. Two more lines. Well, they were packed together. Maybe they were exposed to extreme temperatures or humidity.

Half excited, half pessimistic, I hid the tests in my bathroom drawer and went into the den to sit with B before work. I was trying hard not to grin; I didn't want to tell him yet, I didn't want him to think I was acting funny...I just had to get my brain together. A few minutes later, I headed to school for grunt work and then setting up my classroom.

Back in my car a few hours later, ready to head home, I called my doctor for an appointment. After being on hold for five minutes, I figured it would be a while and I put the car in drive and headed home. Of course, my call was answered as I was pulling into the neighborhood I cut through to get home. Being safe, I pulled over and answered lots of questions about insurance, appointments, and dates. Before I finally hung up, the scheduler said, "Congratulations!" I laughed.

Congratulations? Holy smokes, it was weird to hear that. Only one other person, the lady on the other end of the line, knew I was pregnant.

So I headed home and took 3 more pregnancy tests. You know, just because I figured the ones from the morning couldn't be right. 


Well, five tests later, I now have ten lines showing. =) I want to make sure everything is spot on. I figured I'd get an appointment this week, then I'd have my "definite" and I could tell Brandon. But, they want to see me at 8 weeks...I managed to schmooze my way into their office before school started...but it's September 3rd. I can't wait that long to tell Brandon. But I haven't quite wrapped my head around this yet...so I think I need a day or two to calm down, make a plan (because surely I can't just tell him, I have to do it in a silly, Peggy-esque creative way!), and tell him. I'm in a fog right now. I'm super excited, though cautiously optimistic...and I can't imagine I am actually pregnant. I cannot even describe what's going on in my head now.

Time to make a plan to spill it to Brandon...and then we'll make our plans for everything to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment