With the coming of spring, it was time for the Easter Bunny. Auntie Fe, who works at the Chesapeake Place and plans the recreational therapy for the residents, had invited us to come to her Easter egg hunt and visit with her and the residents of the home. So, Bean and I headed up to visit.
When we arrived, they had just finished their egg hunt. It was cookie time and Felicia was happily hopping around with all the kiddos. Within in seconds of us parking the stroller, Caleb had a visit with his own private FE-ster bunny!
One of our sorority sisters, Belinda, was there with her sweet little girl, Jaidyn. Belinda met Caleb for the first time.
To show how tiny Caleb is, I posed him with Fe's Easter basket. The eggs look so big next to him!
 |
| So funny to see how big that tiny egg looks in his hand! |
 |
| He's all tuckered out from finding all those eggs =) |
After the kiddos and their families had worn out the FEster bunny, Fe took us around to meet some of her residents. They all oooohed and aaaahed over such a tiny little guest. One lady jumped when he moved because she thought I was actually holding a doll! Another lady also told me she'd had a son born early like Caleb, and her mother-in-law told her that babies "sleep off their due date." When I asked her what she meant, she explained that she'd been told that babies would be lethargic and sleep a lot until the date they were due, then they'd "wake up" and become more alert. I am typing this post on Caleb's due date, and let me just tell you that the last two days, Bean has been awake almost all day. I guess that old wives' tale has some truth to it!
 |
| Gigi held him and we all chatted for a while |
 |
| Inge held Caleb when we visited her room; she said she didn't want to put him down! |
|
All in all, it was a fun day. I'm sure Caleb won't remember it, but Mommy will.
No comments:
Post a Comment