Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bean's First Car Show

If you remember from the "coming home" post, Brandon wouldn't bring Caleb into our house until he'd gotten a picture taken with Daddy's Mustang. Well, there was a Mustang show in historic Smithfield, so we packed up the truck and headed to Main Street.

Let me begin by saying my cousin, Robby, had warned us about car trips with babies. He said we'd feel like we'd packed the house. He was right! Even though we were gone just a few hours, we had a ton of stuff. The stroller went into the front seat, and I sat in the back with Caleb for privacy when I needed to take care of business during our excursion. (Quite an adventure tending to that in a moving vehicle, lol!) I had diapers, wipes, and two outfits for Bean. We had a couple bottles and a small ice pack in a little 31 bag my student, Katie, had given me...and the rest of the baby gear was in the matching baby bag. Brandon really hasn't been with me and Caleb while running errands, so just taking him around in a stroller and maneuvering crowds and shops was an adventure for B!

It was a smaller show than we'd expected--inclement weather had kept many of the enthusiasts at home. But we got lots of pictures. The "baby camera" we bought for Caleb was daddy's special Mustang camera. (I figured it would happen, lol.) We saw some beautiful cars--my fave was a '65 with a beautiful powder blue paint job. We grabbed hot chocolate and split a chocolate chip muffin from the Smithfield Bakery. Lots of people stopped to look at Caleb and ask about him. I went in the Christmas store (of course I would!) and bought him his first Christmas ornament. And after we'd seen the cars, we walked downhill toward the water and looked at some of the beautiful homes there.

We had a fun day! I'm sure it's the first of many car shows little man will go to with his Daddy.

Who's that tourist?

Yeah, this sign just made me laugh. =)


Taking a bottle break while sitting with Ben...

Ben Franklin, that is! Caleb says hello to him. And who knew he was a Mustang enthusiast?
...and notice Bean is in a car onesie!!! Clearly Mommy dressed him for the occasion today. =)


A shot with the roses after Caleb had a wardrobe change.

Me, Bean, and my Christmas present

Caleb's first Christmas ornament, a blown glass stork with a blue bundle

After the car show, we headed to Patrick's for the annual Maypril Party. Bean does his best "Carlos" impression in Daddy's glasses =)

No comments:

Post a Comment