Wait...TWO MONTHS??? Where did the time go???
Mr. Caleb has obviously been growing well. His clothes are growing snugger by the day. All of his tiny preemie clothes are put away (sniff, sniff) and he's wearing small newborn clothes now. He outgrew his Easter outfit (he has a big ol' neck) and his legs are starting to get a little too long for some of his pants. Wow. He is changing so quickly!
Here are the stats:
9lbs, 9oz (in the 1.6 percentile for his age, hahaha, but he seems so gigantic to us!)
21 inches long (.23 percentile)
Aaaaaaand, his head is 38cm around. (That is in the 5.12 percentile, lol. I guess that, at least, is consistent from his ultrasounds!)
His eating, sleeping, and growth are tracking perfectly. The doctor asked if he was starting to hold up his head, so I told her he was trying to push up already. She rolled him on his stomach and he tried to push his whole body up! She was very impressed and told me to keep up with the tummy time we do each day. She also upped his reflux meds a little since his weight has increased.
Daddy went along for this one, since Bean was getting his shots. He was our staff photographer, hahaha. (I never thought he would be the one crazy with my camera! It's always been me that was picture crazy!) A nurse brought an oral vaccine and let me give it to Caleb; he swallowed most of it, lol. Then the nurse returned with another nurse. They slid the baby to the edge of the counter and leaned against his legs that were hanging off the edge while I held his arms. They counted to three and both gave him a shot in his thighs at the same time. Then, the first nurse gave him another one quickly. He was bandaged with Tazmanian Devil bandaids and then handed to me. He only fussed for a minute; it made me remember how much the steroid shot in my right leg burned and throbbed when they (literally) jammed it in my thigh during labor (although I was too preoccupied to really care at that point, haha). I got him dressed and snuggled him before getting him in his car seat and heading out.
A Chickfila biscuit (duh, Brandon was driving) and a quick purchase of some baby Tylenol later, we were back home. He's been a mess all day; fever, really puny, just wants to sleep and snuggle. He threw up an entire bottle (poor baby, every time I got him cleaned up he'd spit up again) but managed to eat most of one at 3. I called in sick to Star tonight because he is so pitiful I don't want to leave him. =( But he will feel better in a day or two and I want him vaccinated; despite what some folks say, I think it's important. And I've seen the kids whose parents won't vaccinate catch every bug that comes through my classroom. To each his own, but my little guy is getting his shots.
Despite the puniness, I am glad to see him growing so well. It makes me sad he's getting big already, but how blessed we are that he's healthy!
And, here are some pics that daddy took this morning...
| Snuggled up, waiting for the doc |
| sweet little nekkid baby =) |
| His battle wounds |
| Big boy isn't even fussing anymore! Ready to go home! |
| Loving on his Wubbanub before Mommy gets him dressed and buckled in his seat |
No comments:
Post a Comment