My birthday was Friday, May 20th. I was hitting 30. I'd always said I hoped to have a child by 30...looks like I just made it, huh?
I woke up and dressed Caleb in a mommy outfit, of course.
 |
| So cute! |
 |
| The hiney of his pants has a little tiger on it. I LOVE these types of pants, lol... |
I got cards from B and from the kids...
 |
| B's card was hanging from the fan in our den |
 |
| Maggie Mae and Caleb's card was stuck to my bathroom mirror. You can see the conversation that led to its purchase was written on the envelope. |
Then, we cuddled in the chair after Caleb's morning bottle.
 |
| Caleb stuck his tongue out at me. =) |
 |
| "Happy birthday, Schweethart" |
 |
| Maggie Mae wanted in on our snuggle time. |
We headed to Bergey's dairy for a delicious birthday lunch. Caleb required an outfit change (thanks for the birthday present, kiddo!) so I put him in his very first pair of overalls. There is just something about little boys in overalls that makes me all giggly and stupid. =) These are plaid Disney ones with Pooh on the left leg and a matching hat. So stinkin' cute!
 |
| Mommy and her precious little angel, looking oh so dapper |
 |
| "Mom, lighten up on the smooches! We're in public!" |
 |
| Dad and the handsome little guy |
 |
| Chilling in his car seat so we could eat |
 |
| "How's it going, Dad?" |
 |
Yes. This is my husband. He did this voluntarily. Completely. No prompting.
...sometimes, he leaves me speechless... |
 |
| "Oooooooh, Bergey's makes the bestist ice cream in the whole world!" |
Bean and I headed home for a nap together (Hey, I'd earned it!) and a little play time. B came home early and we headed to our favorite restaurant, Baker's Crust, where we always celebrate our special occasions. We ate delicious sandwiches and shared a crepe noisette, which I suppose served as my birthday cake. Stuffed to the gills, we went back home. I got Caleb ready for bed, and Bran took Maggie Mae for a walk around the neighborhood.
 |
| I may be 30, but who's the one dressed like an 80 year old man? |
Today (Saturday), we headed to visit friends. Our friend, Melvin, had a big weekend; he graduated from the Sheriff's academy
and he turns 30 this coming Monday. He and his wife, Karis, had a cookout to celebrate. Karis and I were RAs in college together. Our little group of RA friends has shared in weddings, jobs, relocations, and births over the years. This was my chance to share my little boy with one of my RA friends; Karis is the only one left around here, but I hope to see the others in the near future. =)
 |
| Karis meets Caleb for the first time =) |
 |
Honors College...RAs...wives...mommies...
we've shared a lot together over the years! |
 |
| Chilling in the backyard |
 |
| Love =) |
 |
| "Is that woman kissing on me again?" |
 |
| Karis and Melvin's cute little guy, Xavier, in his own private bounce house |
It was so nice to see them--for living so close, we don't visit as frequently as we should--and how wonderful to celebrate so many great things for Melvin!
Lastly, we headed to dinner with my parents for my birthday. Mom and Dad got me an awesome giraffe print Dooney & Bourke purse!!! And we all passed Caleb around, taking turns eating while he was eating. His timing was just perfect in terms of keeping us from eating peacefully. =)
 |
| Mom and Dad try to help Caleb rid himself of the dreaded hiccups |
I've not been big on birthdays since college...not because I fear getting older, but because they just aren't a big deal to me. I don't need more "stuff," and quite honestly there is always some sort of drama or traumatic event that seems to happen to someone I love around that day. (Manda and I seem to share this gift...) But it was a wonderful couple of days. I welcome my 30s. Why not? I have a beautiful son that fills my heart with joy. My hubby takes good care of us and loves us so very much. My sweet doggie always makes me smile. My parents are loving and wonderful. I have a lovely house, a good job, and lots of blessings. So here's to seeing a few gray hairs in the years ahead. I welcome the wrinkles that will come; they'll be like little reminders of all the memories that made me laugh and smile.
The last few chapters of my life have been adventurous...let's see what lies ahead now!
"Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness." Proverbs 16:30-32
No comments:
Post a Comment