It hasn't quite been a week since we brought home our little Jellybean. We've adjusted pretty well. When he was in the hospital, I set my alarm to get up when they were feeding him at the hospital, so I was already used to getting up for a nurse break...so our schedules matched, although it does take a little longer to feed him, change him, get him to bed, and pump...but at least I was used to being up all hours of the night. I'm learning to live my life on a 3-hour schedule. Since he eats every 3 hours, I have been trying to plan visitors and errands around his needs. I suppose this is just the beginning. =)
Caleb's first pediatrician visit was on Monday morning. Everything looked good. He had even gained weight over the weekend--he weighed a whopping 5 pounds, 4 ounces. He officially weighs more than a bag of sugar! He saw his reflection in the mirror and got startled; B and I laughed because he turned his head, saw himself, and his whole body jerked and he made a funny noise. Silly little goober!
 |
| Daddy watching little man. Caleb looks so tiny on that big table! |
 |
| This was right after he'd seen himself for the first time |
We've also had a few visitors over. Caleb's Gramma and Grampa came over to hold him. So did his Memaw and Great-Gramma. Mama Todd from church is visiting on Friday. We took him up to church on Wednesday night, just long enough to deliver the thank you notes to the choir for their shower gifts, and he got to meet a handful of grownups and my GA girls. He's been shopping at Babies R Us and visited Daddy at work while mommy got her allergy shots. He has been to a drive-in for dinner (Sonic, lol) and took his first stroller ride around the neighborhood on the beautiful sunny day we had yesterday. He's also spent a lot of time snoozing in his lounger. It's a rough life when you have someone wake up, wake you up, feed you, wipe your hiney, dress you, rock you, snuggle you, put you to sleep, and then start the whole cycle again a couple of hours later. =)
 |
| I'm a sucker for footies...so I love this outfit! |
 |
| Grampa holds him for the first time |
 |
| Gramma and Grampa loving on the Bean |
 |
| Snoozing little guy...wearing more footies...and laying on the blanket that Lois Moore at school made for him! |
 |
| MeMaw and Great Gramma loving on him (B's mom and Gramma) |
 |
| Attack baby!!! I was taking a pic of him after our neighborhood stroll and inadvertently caught a roaring yawn =) |
 |
| Ready for his first walk around the neighborhood...3 seconds and he was asleep. And yes, Maggie Mae went too and did a great job walking right by the stroller. |
 |
| Sweet sleeping angel |
It's been a busy week. We've had our ups and downs. Mommy has cried a couple of times. She is very sore and tired. Caleb has developed the annoying habit of using the bathroom again as soon as we get his new diaper on and start snapping his onesie...we'll have to work on his timing. His feedings have gone well--he's averaging between 40 and 45 cc of milk each time now. He is sleeping well--he only stirs a few minutes before he's due for a bottle. He has a personal bodyguard (Maggie) and two sleepy but happy parents. He's been held by most of his family and licked multiple times on the fingers and top of the head by his doggie. But overall, it's been a good week. I am SO glad he is home! I'll take all the garbage moments if it means not having to drive to a hospital and go through a security check to hold him. =)
In fact, I could get pretty used to this mommy gig!
The Bean is a cutie pie! I am so glad he is home where he belongs with his family who loves him.
ReplyDelete