Thursday, March 24, 2011

Caleb's school shower

My wonderful first grade ladies had planned a school baby shower for me on Monday, March 21st. With me being due on April 26th, that gave them a month before my leave kicked in. Yeah, and then Caleb had to go shake things up. =)

So, on his first Monday home, Caleb got to attend his school shower. Not every kid gets to go to their own baby shower!

It was wonderful to see everyone. As delighted as I am to be a SAHM, I really do miss seeing everyone at school. I began with a quick visit to the office, and Brandon came from work to join us and watch Caleb during the festivities. After much oooh-ing and aaah-ing, we headed to the library. There was a pile of presents on the counter. My TA, Debbie, had put together a sweet collage of baby pics from my blog and had made a sweet frame of three pics with a Bible verse on it; these had balloons and a teddy bear with them. One of my room parents owns Edible Arrangements, and he had made a massive fruit bouquet for me; it spelled "Caleb" in chocolate covered pineapple and even had pictures of Caleb printed on edible paper and stuck to the chocolate! Our school secretary had risked her life to get that fruit into the cafeteria walk-in fridge, too. (She spent a few minutes hanging out in the fridge before someone let her out...thanks, Lori! We loved the bouquet, thanks for taking care of it for us!) In the conference room, my grade level had set up a nice spread of yummy goodies, and the centerpiece was an awesome cake that my Debbie had made to match Caleb's crib quilt perfectly! I didn't even want to cut it, it was so perfect!

We were blessed with lots of goodies...toys, books, clothes, a handmade blanket, gift cards...and Brandon had to carry it all to the truck for me! It was so nice to see everyone and thank them in person for the cards, emails, texts, and facebook messages they've sent us over the last two weeks. I can honestly say I work with some truly loving and amazing teachers! And, my first grade ladies...they threw such a lovely shower, I can't say "thank you" enough. Even Angelique came back from her SAHM status to spend the day with us!

It was a wonderful afternoon. Caleb was pooped by the time we got home, but I'd say his first public outing was a success. Plus, everyone got to see who they were showering!

The precious cake that matched Bean's quilt! How cute is that? And it was delicious...we got to bring home the leftovers and it didn't last til the next morning =)

The cake topper
Me with Super-Mommy, Angelique!
Wow!
Some of our goodies, including Sophie the Giraffe and a boo-boo bunny

My very favorite kids book in the whole world!

Cute onesies..."new in town" and "high maintenance"
Caleb and his ginormous fruit bouquet! Thanks, Mr. Patel!

No comments:

Post a Comment