Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's shower time

My friends and family shower was to be thrown by my BFF/big sister, Manda Martin, and my SIL, Heather Sawyer, on Saturday the 26th of March. Obviously, Bean came early, but luckily he was able to join us for this shindig, too!

Manda welcomed a crowd at her new (and super cute!) house. She and Heather were in the process of making a welcome banner when I arrived. They had balloons to decorate with and had these cute little take-out boxes in blue and white gingham as party favors. Manda had made a precious (and very tasty!) jellybean cake. Heather led the group in party games and Manda called the words for bingo. We enjoyed a delicious spread of chips, veggies, dips, and cake. As goes the tradition with me, Manda, and Auntie Heather (who lives in Arkansas), there was the mandatory spinach dip. =)

I was honored to have so many friends and family attend! My mom came and was on baby duty. My MIL and SIL were there. Aunt Pat sat with mom, mom's BF Ann was there, and my favorite teacher ever, Debbie Brooks, was there as well. My DZ girls--Felicia and Manda--celebrated with us. Manda's mom, "Mom Martin," joined in the festivities. School mates (from high school to grad school) Lauri, Brooke, and Daleena were there. And my foxy car friend, Jenny, finished out the crowd.

Caleb received lots of wonderful gifts! He got a bunch of super cute clothes--lots of monkeys, sleepers with footies (which I LOVE), and trendy sets. We got our first set of bottles, which he has already taken to quite well. He got toys for a few months down the road, stuffed animals, and the ever-important diapers and wipes. Auntie Manda made a beautiful quilt, which he and I snuggled up in today. Auntie Heather crocheted him a beautiful blue blanket, bib, and burp cloth. And Mama Brooks cross-stitched a cute and colorful jungle animal quilt...she always makes something special! He also got a floor mat, some hangers, and pacifiers with accessories. In fact, he got so many things I cannot even recall them as I sit here and type. Suffice it to say that he was very spoiled and that Mommy is very grateful for everyone's generosity!

We had a wonderful afternoon and Bean was the star of the shower. It was so nice to visit with everyone!

Oh, and Jellybean's last goodie of the day...his cord fell off when I changed him. He officially got his bellybutton at Auntie Manda's house!

Here are a few pics of the day's events...
Cute cake!

This is now hanging over our fireplace =)

So many gifts for the little guy!
Mama Brooks' jungle blanket

Me and the hostesses with the mostest

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the shower. And I'm enjoying my new title of "FOXY"! LOL

    ReplyDelete